Functional Application Manager
Do you have a thorough understanding of how to run Application Support and an open mind to change? We invite you to support our business with the best IT-solutions to execute their processes.
Make a difference
Ready to set the future standard? We are looking for an Application Engineer who knows how to run Application Support and who thrives in a large European ICT environment. With us you get the chance to:
- Organize our management and support of operational central systems
- Set and implement standards
- Train countries
- Organize user meetings for development of applications
- Set up and monitor operational processes
- Work on central reporting & dashboarding
You easily understand business processes being supported and pro-actively look for potential improvements and technical innovations.
The Application Engineer will be part of an informal and driven cross border team: our ability to work together is something we value greatly. You will be working together in a team with smart and passionate professionals, every day we enjoy our legendary lunch in our brand-new kitchen. Our 4 teams, IT Service Delivery, Database Development, IT Infrastructure and Application Development are based in the Schiphol-Rijk HQ office and in London, the team services all international Interxion locations.
No fear of flying? This job might be exactly what you need! Our Application Engineer travels to London, Paris, Madrid and other cities in Europe to provide training and education to users and colleagues.
- As an Application Engineer you provide first, second and third line support to 400+ users and developers who work with Ultimo (CMMS) and our inhouse developed energy management application
- You proactively investigate if existing features can contribute to improvement of business processes or new features should be developed. You prepare and develop business requirements into working IT-solutions and work in development projects
- You will install a Change Management Board (CMB) for applications in the specific business area and propose the change agenda
- Willingness to work outside office hours in case of major incidents or changes
- Level gained by experience or education: HBO / Bachelor’s degree in an IT or business-related study
- Several years of experience in IT support
- ITIL knowledge is preferred
- Experienced with SQL databases is preferred
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbal and in writing
- Can impact and influence groups of stakeholders to gain global alignment
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing; know how to communicate at different levels
- Strong analytical - and problem-solving skills
- Eye for detail and overseeing the impact of changes
- Open minded to change: keep up to date with new technology and likes to adopt new technology
- Must thrive in a dynamic environment being able to keep progress in multiple projects and operational tasks
Interxion ICT offers the opportunity to make a difference every day and to further develop your technical expertise. Our offices in 13 European cities make us a unique and vibrant working place. We offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to attend technical conferences and have benefits such as a pension scheme, 25 holidays, a parking space, commuting compensation and 10% bonus to be paid in April.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV, with a cover letter and motivational letter before July 10th, to Minke Apontoweil, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org. The selection process will consist of 2 interviews and an online assessment. Feel free to call/mail if you have questions on 0638727726 or Patrick Feenstra, Manager Database Development at email@example.com.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.