Infrastructure Architect (Schiphol-Rijk)
Ready to draw up our target architecture and related roadmap? Join us! Interxion ICT is growing and we are looking for an Infrastructure Architect who will be our technical conscience regarding Interxion’s complex infrastructure.
Make a difference
Apply if you are up for a serious challenge! Work with us if you are eager to drive our global infrastructure operations in infrastructure and networking for 11 countries and 45 datacenters to the next level. The Infrastructure Architect we seek has the future state infrastructure architecture perspective we need to adapt to growth and prepare for long term scale-out of the environment. With this in mind, you design and maintain the Infrastructure Architecture for Interxion. You have vast knowledge on Hybrid cloud solutions, and have a passion to take our organization to a new arena. Ready to set the new standard?
The Infrastructure Architect position is in our IT Infrastructure cross border team of system - and network engineers. The team is small, very informal and communication is straightforward. We are professional and driven, to reach our goals it is important that you are a team player. Our lunch in our brand-new kitchen is already legendary. Our 4 IT teams, Service Delivery, Database Development, Application Development and Infrastructure are based in the Schiphol-Rijk HQ office and London, the team services all international Interxion locations.
As an Infrastructure Architect you identify new opportunities and processes within the system or network architecture to better meet IT and business objectives. Highlights:
- Introduce new technology like Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Review the current architecture, setup and processes
- Design and maintain our Infrastructure Architecture in supporting business applications and development while being cost efficient, scalable, compliant, secure and meeting the service levels and business continuity objectives
- Create the benefit cases for new architecture from a quality or cost efficiency perspective and prioritize them not losing dependencies out of sight
- Align, inform, train and get the buy-in from IT-management and IT-staff on the architectural end-state for infrastructure and related roadmap
- Establishing and monitor the Project Start Architecture for projects
- Some travel to other locations in Europe (not on a regular basis)
- Level gained by experience or education: HBO / Bachelor’s degree (Information Technology)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of TOGAF architecture framework
- Eager to change: keeps up with the latest technology trends and wants to implement new technology
- Broad Cloud, hybrid Cloud knowledge including specific knowledge of server, network and security architectures
- Knows how to get the buy in from internal and external IT-staff on new ideas
- Strong eye for detail
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbal and in writing, apply only if you meet this requisite
Interxion ICT offers the opportunity to make a difference every day and to further develop your technical expertise. Our offices in 13 European cities make us a unique and vibrant working place. We offer a brand-new office, a competitive salary, the opportunity to attend technical conferences and benefits such as a pension scheme, 25 holidays, a parking space, commuting compensation and 10% bonus to be paid in April.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV, briefly explaining your interest and motivation to Minke Apontoweil, email@example.com. The selection process will consist of 2 interviews and an online assessment. Feel free to call Harry Rozema, Manager Infrastructure, firstname.lastname@example.org 0654948111 if you have any questions.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.