Network Administrator (Schiphol-Rijk)
Do you have a pro-active attitude and hands-on mentality? Eager to keep up the optimal performance of a network in a complex environment? Join us! Interxion ICT is growing and we are looking for a Network Administrator with all round administration knowledge.
Make a difference
Apply if you are up for a serious challenge! With a small team of System and Network Engineers, you will be responsible for all routers and switches in 11 countries in 45 datacenters.
- Make sure our network environment operates at the optimal level
- Taking care of running existing datacenters and new datacenters according to the latest standards
- Work next to default tcp/ip networks on SCADA networks with Modbus/bacnet/multicast and other protocols
- Occasional travel to other Interxion locations (cities across Europe, 10% of your time)
Ready set the standard?
The Network Administrator position is in our IT Infrastructure cross border team of system - and network engineers. The team is small, very informal and communication is straightforward. We are professional and driven, to reach our goals it is important that you are a team player. Our lunch in our brand-new kitchen is already legendary. Our 4 IT teams, Service Delivery, Database Development, Application Development and Infrastructure are based in the Schiphol-Rijk HQ office and London, the team services all international Interxion locations.
As a Network Administrator you will work on the operation of the ICT Interxion network. You bring enthusiasm to learn and drive to excel. Highlights:
- Work on core network infrastructures with Cisco Nexus 9700 and Cisco 4500 series
- Maintaining and administrating multi homed BGP Internet connections
- You will work on Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Networking Admission Control (NAC)
- Investigating network issues at SCADA systems and protocols as TCP/IP, Bacnet/Modbus and other, and creating long term solutions
- Will be participating in after hours on call duty on a rotation schedule basis
- Education level is MBO+ ICT related studies, HBO level through experience
- 2 or more years of work experience in an extensive, international network environment
- Cisco Certification CCNP
- ITIL foundation
- Prince2 foundation
- Some knowledge of network architectures, virtual machines and setup
- Experience in working in a multi-vendor environment
- Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and in writing, (
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, detail oriented
- Independent in own work; take responsibility in projects
- Strong discipline; dedicated, organized and structured way of working
- Risk aware; assess risks and communicate these risk to stakeholders
- No fear of flying
Interxion ICT offers the opportunity to make a difference every day and to further develop your technical expertise. Our offices in 13 European cities make us a unique and vibrant working place. We offer a brand-new office, a competitive salary, the opportunity to attend technical conferences and benefits such as a pension scheme, 25 holidays, a parking space, commuting compensation and 10% bonus to be paid in April.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV, briefly explaining your interest and motivation to Minke Apontoweil firstname.lastname@example.org. The selection process will consist of 2 interviews and an online assessment. Feel free to call Harry Rozema, Manager Infrastructure, email@example.com 0654948111 if you have any questions.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.