Systems Engineer - HQ
|Address||Interxion Netherlands, Schiphol-Rijk|
With data centres in 11 countries, Interxion already has the widest geographic reach of any business in our sector and we’re continuing to drive for more impressive growth. Since 2006 we’ve seen solid growth and have increased our investment in both facilities and employees.
As a leading carrier- and cloud-neutral data centre operator, we employ people with the talent and energy to ensure customer satisfaction and take our business forward.
We see ourselves as an open, forward-thinking, equal opportunity employer. We invest in the training and personal development of our people. As well as a competitive remuneration package, we offer great career opportunities and challenges.
In this position you act as an expert resource on data centre monitoring. Provide leadership and support to country Operations on design, operation and maintenance of Building Monitoring Systems and their integration into centralized monitoring at the European Customer Service Center (ECSC).
IN MORE DETAIL, YOUR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY WILL BE
- Designing and configuration of building & infrastructure monitoring installations
- Lead Data Technology Engineering Group and country Operations teams on new builds and upgrade for site monitoring
- Preparing and maintaining documentation for Building Monitoring Systems (BMS) installations Supporting country Operations, possibly including European travel as needed
- Maintaining awareness of current trends and capabilities in BMS
- Maintaining detailed understanding of existing BMS technologies across the organization
- Providing training to ECSC and country Operations on centralized monitoring operations Participating in audits, checking site monitoring capabilities against minimum requirements.
You will report directly to the Chief Datacenter Technology and Engineering Officer, also you will be working closely with other members of the Operations team and with the ECSC.
YOU WILL ALSO HAVE
- Substantial experience in a technical environment (approximately 10 years)
- Operational experience of BMS and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking is essential Practical exposure to the monitoring protocols such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Modbus, BACnet are desirable
- Experience of Schneider Electric “StruXureware” product family is required
- Higher education qualification in a technical discipline
- Due to the international nature of this position, it is essential that you are fluent in English, both orally and in writing, additional European languages would be an advantage.
As a person you are flexible, pragmatic and tenacious. A self-starter with de ability to drive activity. Work meticulous and detail orientated.
The chance for you to join a financially strong, successful, international company with consistent high growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and most importantly the opportunity for you to make a difference.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV, with a cover letter, briefly explaining your interest and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you know someone who might be interested in this role, please refer this person's name, resume (incl. contact information) and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you would like to find out more about Interxion click here: http://www.interxion.com