- Interxion Netherlands, Schiphol-Rijk
Within Interxion Netherlands the Operations Department is responsible for all datacenter operations, including maintenance and upgrades of our buildings and equipment in order to maintain OUR ‘uptime’ to the highest level.
This requires you to work in a challenging environment with high quality and health & safety standards and strict operational procedures and you will be dealing with (international) customers to help solve IT infrastructure and environmental issues.
You are a vital contributor in providing customer satisfaction by solving problems adequately and providing (un)solicited support and advice to customers.
Furthermore you will be responsible for:
- supervise contractors who prepare and execute facility projects that include replacement, upgrade and improvement of datacenter infrastructure systems
- Installation, supervision and maintenance of electrical and mechanical installations Execution and supervision of maintenance activities.
- Preparation and support of customer implementation projects
- Assisting in handling all the day to day operational and technical tasks in order to adhere to agreed SLAs with clients and to maximize client satisfaction.
- You execute facility projects that include replacement, upgrade and improvement of datacenter infrastructure systems.
- Provision of onsite Customer and Facility Services in a 24/7 call out roster
You will report directly to the Senior Site Engineer and will be working closely with other members of the Operations team and with the European Customer Service Center.
The position is based in Schiphol-Rijk but the Operations team services datacenters throughout the Amsterdam region. Therefore a driver’s license is essential for this position to travel between the different sites.
You have an MBO Degree in a technical related study and strong technical skills. Furthermore you are able to work in a multi project environment.
As a person you are flexible but have no problem working in a disciplined manner, have a can do mentality and mindset, are stress-resilient, client focused and accurate. Furthermore you know how to analyze a problem and you can, based on available information, conclude correct and realistic diagnoses.
You will feel comfortable working autonomously but are also a good team player.
Due to the international nature of this position it is essential that you are good in (technical) English, both in speech and writing and are fluent in Dutch.
You will also have:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a critical environment
- Familiarity with typical datacenter infrastructure, like Diesel generators, UPS and cooling systems is a pre
- Able to read Electrical and signaling Diagrams
- Flexibility towards working hours, willing to work in a 24/7 on-call schedule and in a 24/7 shift pattern
- Living within 45 minutes (driving distance) of Schiphol-Rijk is a must
An opportunity with a financially strong, successful, international company with continued high growth. A market competitive salary and benefits but most importantly: an opportunity to make a difference.
The location for this position is at the company’s Interxion Netherlands office near Amsterdam.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV, with a cover letter, briefly explaining your interest and motivation to Interxion HR, email@example.com
If you would like to find out more about Interxion click here: www.interxion.com.
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact our recruitment department, phone +31 (0)20 880 76 09