How many times could the cabling in our data centres wrap around the Earth? What percentage of our power is from renewable sources?
From football pitches to financial markets, here are 10 things you didn’t know about Interxion.
- All the cabling combined in our data centres is enough to wrap around the Earth 22 times.
- We were awarded the Green IT Award for IT Operator of the Year for two consecutive years in 2011 and 2012.
- Our data centre campuses in Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Stockholm and Zurich are all powered by 100% renewable energy. More than 50% of the energy we use across our footprint is from renewable sources.
- The backup generator in our LON1 data centre contains 100,000 litres of fuel – enough to drive to the moon and back in a typical family car - twice!
- Our Frankfurt data centre is the best-connected campus in Europe, with access to over 400 carriers and ISPs. It also hosts the core infrastructure of the DE-CIX Internet exchange.
- We have the largest European footprint of any provider of cloud- and carrier-neutral colocation data centre services.
- Our data centres host a range of access points to leading exchanges, including NYSE Euronext, NYSE Liffe, NASDAQ OMX, London Stock Exchange, London Metal Exchange, Bolsa de Madrid, BATS Chi-X Europe, Singapore Exchange (SGX) and the Australian Securities Exchanges (ASX).
- In our partnership with Level 3 Communications and Amazon Web Services (AWS) we provide connectivity to AWS Direct Connect in all of our data centres.
- The maximum equipable space in our data centres is equivalent to more than 13 football pitches.
- Our unique remote seawater cooling system installed in our Stockholm data centres has reduced energy costs by 80 per cent and carbon emissions by 48 per cent.