- Interxion Expan...
Interxion Expands Data Centres in Amsterdam and Zurich
AMSTERDAM, 4 October 2012 - INTERXION HOLDING NV (NYSE: INXN), a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced that it is expanding its existing data centres in Amsterdam and Zurich in response to continued customer demand.
Interxion will expand its facilities near Amsterdam (“AMS 5.4”) and in Zurich (“ZUR 1.3”):
- AMS 5.4 will add 1,000 square metres of equipped space and will add an additional 2 MW of available customer power. The capital expenditures for this expansion are expected to total approximately €12 million. AMS 5.4 is scheduled to open by the end of Q4 2012.
- ZUR 1.3 will add 600 square metres of equipped space and will access existing customer power. The capital expenditures for this expansion are expected to total approximately €4 million. ZUR 1.3 is scheduled to open by the end of Q4 2012.
“Interxion’s phased capacity expansion strategy is designed to meet customer demands while efficiently deploying capital and maintaining agility to meet changing market conditions,” said David Ruberg, Interxion’s Chief Executive Officer. “In each of these markets, we are seeing continued strong demand being driven by their respective communities of interest.”
All of Interxion’s previously announced data centre expansions remain on schedule:
- LON 2 (London) : 900 square metres were opened in Q3 2012 and the remaining 700 square metres are scheduled to open by the end of Q4 2012.
- PAR 7 (Paris) : 1,500 square metres were opened in Q3 2012 and the remaining 2,500 square metres are scheduled to open by the end of Q1 2013.
- AMS 6 (Amsterdam) : 1,700 square metres were opened in late Q3 2012. The remainder of the facility is scheduled to open by the end of Q4 2012.
- MAD 2 (Madrid) : 800 square metres are scheduled to open by the end of Q1 2013.
Interxion (NYSE: INXN) is a leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services in Europe, serving over 1,200 customers through 32 data centres in 11 European countries. Interxion’s uniformly designed, energy-efficient data centres offer customers extensive security and uptime for their mission-critical applications. With connectivity provided by more than 400 carriers and ISPs and 18 European Internet exchanges across its footprint, Interxion has created content cloud, and connectivity hubs that foster growing customer communities of interest. For more information, please visit www.interxion.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the difficulty of reducing operating expenses in the short term, inability to utilise the capacity of newly planned data centres and data centre expansions, significant competition, the cost and supply of electrical power, data centre industry over-capacity, performance under service level agreements and other risks described from time to time in Interxion's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Interxion does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Jim Huseby, +1-813-644-9399
VP - Investor Relations