European Hosting & cloud provider survey 2014
For the second year running, Interxion has surveyed 400+ hosting and cloud providers across Europe to give you an insight into the main industry trends and to give you a context for thinking about your own strategies to differentiate in the increasingly competitive hosting market.
As a pan-European data centre provider, we naturally work with many hosting and cloud providers across Europe, as well as with international providers active in the European market. Over the years we’ve seen the industry change in many ways; but few developments have had as significant an impact as the increasing deployment of cloud technologies, and the entry of global cloud providers into the European market that we’ve been seeing in the past few years.
Key findings include:
- A major shift in customer demand from traditional hosting to IaaS
- Impact of cloud on revenues is still limited, but expected to rise significantly in the next 2 years
- Service providers prefer to own and operate their IT infrastructure
- Data centres or server rooms are still the infrastructure of choice
- Global cloud platforms are increasingly perceived as direct competition
- Customer focus and portfolio diversification are the most important differentiation strategies