No cloud is an island
Business Computing stands at a crossroads, there is no more tolerance for the costly, under- delivering, grand IT Projects of the past. Instead IT must evolve to be business agile, create competitive advantage and deliver on time.
To help IT meet the challenges, system integrators have a great opportunity to adapt their existing business models.
To make cloud and on-premise systems work together poses some significant challenges that are explored in this paper, including:
- Integration of cloud and on-premise systems
- Workload optimisation
- Application rationalisation to identify cloud-suitable systems
- Provisioning the correct level of bandwidth
- Defining and managing Service Level Agreements
- Creating new cloud services and business opportunites
- Building community and common interest clouds
- Selection of the most appropriate data centre infrastructure