Business Development Manager
Sales, 17 May 2019
In this challenging role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the sales strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to identify and seize commercial opportunities with potential customers in such a way that sales results are achieved, creativity is encouraged. Your most important tasks are to create, build and manage relationships which will help you to achieve commercial (revenue, margin) objectives in collaboration with sales colleagues, and you also ensure that Interxion is visible in the indirect partner channel.
The most important tasks of the business development manager will be strategy, which means that you must keep in mind the constant monitoring of the industry and the identification of relevant market developments and trends. Another important task is new business development, proactively approaching the indirect channel to create new opportunities for potential customers, generating sales leads, strategically expanding the customer portfolio etc. In order to achieve all this, you work closely with Marketing, Sales and Senior Management.
What you’ll need
- You have grown in your sales career over the past 5-10 years and are looking for a fast-growing and innovative company to take your career to the next level.
- You are looking for an opportunity to have real input in important business decisions, with a support team and a place where you can put your ideas into action.
- You have excellent analytical skills and you can think a few steps ahead in terms of market developments.
- You enjoy being the first to hear the latest news from the industry, such as transfers and mergers.
- You are an excellent networker who can build trusting and lasting relationships.
- Public speaking, networking events and conferences are part of your profession, you are a strong communicator.
- Your education level is University (WO) or MBA.
- Fluent in both Dutch and English is a must for this role.
- It is important that you understand what is happening in the world of the "Cloud" and have a strong interest in the industry.
- You have the qualities to become a reliable partner for customers, vendors and other stakeholders of Interxion.
At Interxion, we’re small enough to adapt quickly to the rapidly changing digital landscape, but big enough to work with some of the world’s leading businesses. And we’re growing fast, so this is a great time to join us and make your mark on our future.
Sales at Interxion
Our Sales teams are at the sharp end of our business, securing new customers, ranging from network and cloud service providers to major global, regional and local businesses. It's about selling the space, power and connectivity that keeps modern life moving. So, we need to understand what this means to our potential and existing customers and what they want to achieve so we can help them succeed. It can be a long, complex sales process, so our teams need to combine strategic knowledge and technical understanding with the ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships.
What we can offer you
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs. Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself. This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career.