Do you have a deep understanding of databases in relationship to the business? Are you interested in keeping up to date with changing technology? Join our growing Database Development Team!
Make a difference
Why work with us? We manage 200+ SQL databases and centrally develop the single source of truth platform with a dynamic database with the latest Microsoft solutions. Are you thinking “Yessss!!!”? The central Interxion ICT department is responsible for operating, maintaining and building out all ICT for all 44 datacenters in Europe. We seek a Database Developer who thrives in this seriously challenging European environment and has the drive to make a difference by developing future-proof database solutions.
The Database Developer will be part of the Database Development team with Database Developers and a BI Specialist in Amsterdam and in London. We are an informal and driven cross border team: our ability to work together is something we value greatly. You will be working together in a team with smart and passionate database professionals, every day we enjoy our legendary lunch in our brand-new kitchen. Our 4 IT teams, Service Delivery, Database Development, Infrastructure and Application Development are based in the Schiphol-Rijk HQ office and in London, the team services all international Interxion locations.
You design, develop and implement new features besides optimizing existing ones. Not just any solution will do, the Database Developer develops state-of-the-art Database - and BI Solutions. Influencing the future of databases in a smart, flexible way with a ‘can-do’ approach sounds like your next step? Read on!
- Agile development of SQL databases with the Red-Gate SQL toolbelt
- Continuous integration process with TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- Generating rapports and deploying ETL processes with Microsoft tooling (SSIS and SSRS)
- Dashboard development with PowerBI and Qlik
- You ensure the performance, integrity, reporting and security of the Interxions application databases
- You welcome occasional travel to other Interxion locations (London, Madrid, Paris etc.) and are available outside office hours in case of incidents
- Education level is HBO (in a technical direction)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a Database Developer
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledgeable about IT and web applications
- Essential knowledge:
- Data modelling and data extraction techniques and tooling
- Microsoft SQL server on DBA level
- Microsoft Reporting and Microsoft Analyses services
- Knowledge of end user BI tooling (i.e. Microsoft)
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 / SOX / SOC2 compliancy is an advantage
- A highly self-motivated and directed personality
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conduct research into delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Strong customer service orientation
Interxion ICT offers the opportunity to make a difference every day and to further develop your technical expertise. Our offices in 13 European cities make us a unique and vibrant working place. We offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to attend technical conferences and benefits such as a pension scheme, 25 holidays, a parking space, commuting compensation and 10% bonus to be paid in April.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.