Facility Engineer / Shift 24/7
Operations, 21 October 2019
You’ll join the team responsible for ensuring our Vienna data centre runs smoothly and safely. Working 24/7 shifts, you’ll monitor our buildings and equipment and carry out maintenance and repair work or oversee work by external suppliers. This means, as well as providing technical support to prevent breakdowns and support building projects, you’ll have an administrative role, documenting work and arranging work permits. You’ll also be involved in updating maintenance plans, change requests and internal systems. In short, you’ll help ensure our data centre keeps on meeting our customers’ needs.
What you’ll need
- You’ll be an experienced facility engineer, ideally with a background in supporting critical infrastructure in a complex technical environment, such as a data centre.
- You will have knowledge of electrotechnology, cooling systems or structural engineering,
- You’ll have excellent planning skills and a hands-on approach to solving problems.
- You should have completed technical or Facility Management education in high school or an apprenticeship.
- You will have knowledge of written and spoken English, as well as German, you’ll be used to dealing with customers and colleagues alike at all levels.
At Interxion, we’re small enough to adapt quickly to the rapidly changing digital landscape, but big enough to work with some of the world’s leading businesses. And we’re growing fast, so this is a great time to join us and make your mark on our future.
Interxion in Austria
In Austria we offer unique connectivity to a wide range of organisations and communities across a region stretching from Turkey to Slovenia. That’s why our Austrian operations at Floridsdorf, in the north of Vienna are continuing to grow. We've developed a highly professional, flexible, team-based culture, with an inspirational energy, where you'll discover plenty of opportunities to learn new skills.
What we can offer you
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs. Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself. This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career. As always, we offer a competitive salary and benefits (based on our collective agreement we pay at least 2.016,94 € gross per month).