Senior System Administrator - Schiphol-Rijk
Are you an Senior System Administrator, with a hands-on mentality and always keen to improve things? Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in an international expanding company? Join our international Interxion Infrastructure team.
Make a difference
Work with us if you are eager to drive our global infrastructure operations in infrastructure and networking for 11 countries and 45 datacenters to meet service levels. Always looking with a practical view to improve the service provided, you set the operational standard for adapting to growth and prepare for long term scale-out of the environment.
The Senior System Administrator position guides and performs the day-to-day operational activities teaming with system and network engineers The team is small, very informal and communication is straightforward. We are professional and driven, to reach our goals it is important that you are a team player. Our lunch in our brand-new kitchen is already legendary. Our 4 IT teams, Service Delivery, Database Development, Infrastructure and Application Development are based in the Schiphol-Rijk HQ office and in London, the team services all international Interxion locations.
The Senior System Administrator will head together with the network engineer and implement new ways of working. Combining day-2-day operational activities with your own improvement ideas you will work your magic on operations optimization.
- You have a passion for day-2-day operation and love automating your daily tasks
- You love to work in a Case driven environment, and you dream of implementing such an environment
- Advices on processes and tools to further improve operation monitoring and processes
- Acts as the system engineer for operational activities
- Organizes 24x7 support for monitoring the infrastructure and incident resolution with full participation of engineers of the other teams
- Ensures systems are permanently monitored on system performance, capacity, compliance and integrity
- Level gained by experience or education: HBO / Bachelor’s degree in technical IT.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA 2012) preferred
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbal and in writing. Other European languages are an advantage.
- Minimal 5 years’ experience within Networks, Hardware, Windows and VMWARE
- Proven experience in delivering support in a dynamic environment
- Supporting 19+ VMWARE Clusters with SRM and VRealize Operations
- You know what you talk about and we expect you to be open about your ideas and share them with your colleagues
Interxion ICT offers the opportunity to make a difference every day and to further develop your technical expertise. We offer a brand-new office, a competitive salary, the opportunity to attend technical conferences and benefits such as a pension scheme, 25 holidays, a parking space, commuting compensation and 10% bonus to be paid in April.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. Please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.