Senior Electrical Engineer
Operations, 24 May 2019
Reporting to the Chief Data Centre Technology & Engineering Officer, you’ll oversee all our engineering and operational support across Europe. You’ll be our lead technical expert, supporting and advising engineering teams on controller systems for new builds and the maintenance of existing data centres. This means you’ll cover everything from technical reliability and security, to reflecting the latest industry advances and delivering value for money. So, you’ll be reviewing and testing existing technology and operations, training staff and developing best practice, as well as responding to one-off incidents and managing change. In short, you’ll ensure our data centres are technically advanced, operationally sound and absolutely reliable to give our customers exceptional service.
What you’ll need
- Extensive engineering knowledge.
- Wide experience of project engineering in a relevant industry, such as oil, gas, marine or building solutions.
- Master’s or equivalent in electrical engineering.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively and fluently in English and gain the respect of people at all levels, even in high pressure situations.
- Character to work accurately and independently to draw your own conclusions.
- Up to date with the latest engineering innovations and used to adapting to change.
- Happy to spend around half your time travelling across Europe.
At Interxion, we’re small enough to adapt quickly to the rapidly changing digital landscape, but big enough to work with some of the world’s leading businesses. And we’re growing fast, so this is a great time to join us and make your mark on our future.
Interxion in Netherlands
Our headquarters teams are split between Amsterdam and London. At our new Amsterdam offices in Hoofddorp you'll find a number of central corporate functions developing the ambitious strategies that drive our growing business. With break-out areas, kitchens on every floor and a subsidised restaurant, it's a welcoming environment designed to bring out the best in you. Join one of our Amsterdam teams and you could be working closely with the teams in London, as well as country teams across our business, which may involve some international travel.
What we can offer you
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs. Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself. This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career.