|Address||Interxion Netherlands, Schiphol-Rijk|
With 50 data centres in 11 countries, Interxion already has the widest geographic reach of any business in our sector. We’re continuing to drive for more impressive growth. Since 2006 we’ve seen solid growth and have increased our investment in both facilities and employees. As the pan-European leader in co-location and associated managed services, Interxion delivers a full set of services that allow more than 1,300 companies to securely house, connect, monitor and maintain mission-critical IT equipment.
We employ people with the talent and energy to ensure customer satisfaction and take our business forward. Currently Interxion Netherlands is looking for a Site Engineer to strengthen its Operations department working out of its offices in Schiphol-Rijk.
We see ourselves as an open, forward-thinking, equal opportunity employer. We invest in training and personal development of our people. We also offer a competitive remuneration package, as well as great career opportunities and challenges.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
Within Interxion Netherlands the Operations Department is responsible for all datacenter operations, including maintenance and upgrades of our buildings and equipment in order to maintain OUR ‘uptime’ to the highest level.
This requires you to work in a challenging environment with high quality and health & safety standards and strict operational procedures and you will be dealing with (international) customers to help solve IT infrastructure and environmental issues.
You are a vital contributor in providing customer satisfaction by solving problems adequately and providing (un)solicited support and advice to customers.
Furthermore you will be responsible for:
- supervise contractors who prepare and execute facility projects that include replacement, upgrade and improvement of datacenter infrastructure systems
- Installation, supervision and maintenance of electrical and mechanical installations
- Execution and supervision of maintenance activities.
- preparation and support of customer implementation projects
- assisting in handling all the day to day operational and technical tasks in order to adhere to agreed SLAs with clients and to maximize client satisfaction.
- you execute facility projects that include replacement, upgrade and improvement of datacenter infrastructure systems.
- provision of onsite Customer and Facility Services in a 24/7 call out roster
You will report directly to the Senior Site Engineer and will be working closely with other members of the Operations team and with the European Customer Service Center.
The position is based in Schiphol-Rijk but the Operations team services datacenters throughout the Amsterdam region. Therefore a driver’s license is essential for this position to travel between the different sites.
You have an MBO Degree in a technical related study and strong technical skills. Furthermore you are able to work in a multi project environment.
As a person you are flexible but have no problem working in a disciplined manner, have a can do mentality and mindset, are stress-resilient, client focused and accurate. Furthermore you know how to analyze a problem and you can, based on available information, conclude correct and realistic diagnoses.
You will feel comfortable working autonomously but are also a good team player.
Due to the international nature of this position it is essential that you are good in (technical) English, both in speech and writing and are fluent in Dutch.
YOU WILL ALSO HAVE
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a critical environment
- Familiarity with typical datacenter infrastructure, like Diesel generators, UPS and cooling systems is a pre
- Able to read Electrical and signaling Diagrams
- Flexibility towards working hours, willing to work in a 24/7 on-call schedule and in a 24/7 shift pattern
- Living within 45 minutes (driving distance) of Schiphol-Rijk is a must
The chance for you to join a financially strong, successful, international company with consistent high growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and most importantly the opportunity for you to make a difference.
The location for this position is at the company’s Interxion Netherlands office near Amsterdam.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV, with a cover letter, briefly explaining your interest and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to find out more about Interxion click here: www.interxion.nl