The Security Engineer manages the operational security of Interxion’s IT Infrastructure by assessing the current security status of the infrastructure estate and setup, making recommendations for improvement, implement security tooling and measures and managing the setup of them and monitor operations.
- Initiate risk assessments on the current infrastructure.
- Coordinate vulnerability tests.
- Identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Participate in projects to ensure security is properly addressed.
- Document findings and report them to IT-Leadership.
- Supervise the remediation of the vulnerabilities.
Implement security tooling:
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Propose adjustments to IT Leadership.
- Supervise the proper implementation of these adjustments.
Configure security tools:
- Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintain the setup of firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Develop automation scripts to handle and track incidents.
Monitor security tools:
- Monitor the firewalls on traffic.
- Monitor the intrusion detection systems on intrusion attempts.
- Monitor potential data leakage.
- Document findings and report them to IT Leadership.
- Take instant measures to reduce the impact of the incident.
- Investigate the root cause of the incident in order to recommend improvements.
- Propose recommendations to IT Leadership to avoid repetition (create RCA’s)
- Supervise implementation of these recommendations.
- In depth knowledge of network architectures & configurations.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft products (Office, Windows, Servers).
- In depth knowledge of IOS.
- In depth knowledge of Fortinet / Checkpoint firewalls
- In depth knowledge of security tooling (like firewall mgt, intrusion detection, 2factor, MDM, ..)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Independent in own work; take responsibility in projects, but also not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Strong discipline; organized and structured way of working
- Attention to detail
- Risk aware; knows how to assess risks and how to communicate these risk to stakeholders
- Quality focus
- Education level is MBO+ / HBO ICT related studies
- CISSP certification
- Either Checkpoint CCSA or Fortinet NSE6 Certified
- Experience in an extensive, international network environment
- Team player within small team setting
- Pro-active attitude with hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- Background in both system management and networking
- Occasional travel to other Interxion locations.
- Willingness to be available outside office hours in case of incidents.