Facility Engineer Cooling
|Frist(en)||1. Februar 2019|
Interxion Switzerland based in Glattbrugg is currently looking for a Facility Engineer Cooling to perform surveillance, maintenance and repairs of building and equipment in accordance with the quality standards and adhering all rules and regulation regarding Health & Safety to maximize uptime and PUE
The Facility Engineer Cooling is responsible for Data Center Engineering Operations within our data centres including but not limited to: risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure equipment and the building, vendor management and metric (OLA / SLA) reporting. Keeping the focus on customer satisfaction the FE supports customer implementation and service requests in order to meet the agreed SLAs in line with Health & Safety. Moreover, the FE strives for continuous improvement of the uptime and improvement of the PUE (power usage effectiveness).
The Facility Engineer Cooling:
- supervises the technical infrastructure of our data centers.
- is responsible for the data accuracy in our maintenance systems.
- supervises alarm systems and the actions that take place when alarms go off.
- Responsible for the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure operations and maintenance.
- Generate change management requests & incident management tickets for Data Center facility.
- Work with Facility Manager and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability, sustainability and efficiency.
- Establish documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
- Responsible for the provision of cooling.
- Manage routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: chillers, cooling towers, In Row cooler, Free cooling, Adiabatic, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, hydraulic pumps, temperature measurement etc.
- Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
- Drive & implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
- Management of the DC, in the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management.
- Conduct monthly operational meetings with vender management.
- Business interface with OPS teams for day to day operational requirements.
- Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- Performs call out activities outside business hours.
- Contributes actively to continuous energy efficiency (PUE).
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Execute maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment to minimize downtime. Is engaged in the ‘Handover process’ of new customer implementations / installations, initiated by the Service Implementation function.
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment and reports all building and customer defects to the relevant superior.
- Monitors and directs repairs and maintenance executed by subcontractors and documents the results.
- Acts as first line (if desirable) and second line support with respect to responses on alarms and handles or escalates alarms according to guidelines.
- Monitor equipment to ensure adherence to agreed SLA.
- Pro-actively indicates, if SLAs are under pressure.
- Executes minor repairing tasks.
- Works on-call shift and is willing to work 24x7 shift patterns.
- Certified Cooling Engineering
- Completed education as an industrial refrigeration engineer or equivalent with several years of professional and service experience.
- 2 years of Data Center Engineering/Operations experience.
- Advanced and specialized technical expertise would be an asset.
- Fluent in English, both written and orally (at least B2 level), and native German speaker.
- Ability to assess electrical and mechanical capacity to make informed decisions.
- Practical maintenance and repair experiences with industrial cooling systems in mission-critical facilities.
- Ability to read commercial building blueprints and understand cooling and electrical single lines and schematics.
- Ability to read and write technical documents like, but not limited to MOP/SOPs for critical facilities equipment.
- Experiences in supervision of data centre infrastructure is an asset.
- Skills to carry our repairs (e.g. electrical and mechanical work).
- Expertise in IT systems to supervise our unit and advanced knowledge in MS Office.
- Driving license.
- Self-organized and solution-oriented.
- Can work independently, shows initiative and proactivity.
- High personal standards and goal oriented.
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work precisely and follow up on tasks.
- Priority setting is a key strength when working in a complex, fast-paced environment.