Facility Engineer Cooling
Posted 14 May 2019
- Mid Career
Job Title: Facility Engineer - Cooling Systems
Job Family: Operations - Facility Management
The Facility Engineer (FE) provides technical, (preventative) maintenance, repairs, installation and customer service support according the agreed SLAs in order to maximize client satisfaction. Working focus is on efficiency and optimization. FE performs surveillance, maintenance and repairs of building and equipment in accordance with the quality standards and adhering all rules and regulation regarding Health & Safety in order to maximize uptime and PUE.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment in order to minimize downtime
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment and reports all building and customer defects to the relevant superior.
- Monitors and directs repairs and maintenance executed by subcontractors and documents the results.
- Acts as first line (if desirable) and second line support with respect to responses on alarms and handles or escalates alarms according to guidelines.
- Monitor equipment to ensure adherence to agreed SLA.
- Pro-actively indicate if SLAs are under pressure.
- Experience with electrical power supply and climate control systems, focus on chiller maintenance; data centre experience is of advantage
- Educated to a vocational level in a technical field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a technician in an electrical or industrious environment (e.g. full continuous factory)
- Proficient in English
- Generic certifications
- Knowledge of data centres is a distinct advantage
- Is committed, internally driven and willing to go the extra mile
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Listens attentively, speaks clearly and concisely, creates accurate and punctual reports, gives clear instructions and shares information and ideas with others
- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved
- Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe and supports safety programs