Digital Realty (NYSE: DLR), a leading global provider of cloud- and carrier-neutral data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, this week hosts a global connected community at its annual MarketplaceLIVE event to examine the growing impact of the megatrend that will force a fundamental rethink of IT architectures: Data Gravity.
During this year’s global and virtual MarketplaceLIVE conference, Digital Realty will share further insights into the challenge that data gravity can present to digital transformation, significantly extending the geographic scope of the industry’s first Data Gravity Index DGx™. This inaugural report forecasts that data gravity intensity across the 21 global metros studied will double annually through 2024 and provides guidance for customers on overcoming data gravity challenges.
Since launching PlatformDIGITAL® one year ago at MarketplaceLIVE 2019 in New York, Digital Realty has expanded global coverage into 15 new metros, attracted more than 300 net new customers to its platform, and deepened its partner community across technology leaders, network, cloud and compute providers. Growth for PlatformDIGITAL comes amid increasing demand for organizations to transform their IT infrastructure to scale digital transformation initiatives globally.
“2020 has clearly been a year of unprecedented change and similarly our customers’ needs are rapidly evolving. We introduced PlatformDIGITAL a year ago, with the goal to transform the value we provide to customers around the world,” said Chris Sharp, Chief Technology Officer, Digital Realty. “Through our Pervasive Datacenter Architecture PDx™ strategy and new solutions developed in collaboration with our partners, we’re helping customers re-architect their IT to rise to the challenges of today and tomorrow -- whether that’s using AI to develop pioneering treatments for diseases, powering on-demand delivery and contactless payment, or fast-tracking a modern digital workplace for a virtual workforce.”
Digital Realty has also achieved critical industry recognition for its global platform in the last year. The company was recognized as a Leader in the IDC Marketscape for Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020; Interxion, a Digital Realty company, took the top spot in EMEA on Cloudscene’s Data Centre Ecosystem Leaderboard; and Frost & Sullivan awarded Digital Realty the 2020 Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award for the Asia Pacific data center industry.
In addition, Digital Realty was the first data center provider to be named ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, for outstanding efforts to protect the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements across its data center portfolio.
Digital transformation and the rise of data gravity as the enterprise’s most important megatrend are the central themes of MarketplaceLIVE 2020, Digital Realty’s flagship annual event. Key event highlights include:
- Data Gravity Index 1.5: Digital Realty VP of Growth Dave McCrory will present new findings of the Data Gravity Index™, revealing data gravity intensity in an expanded set of more than 50 metro areas and across 23 distinct industries.
- To access the latest insights, we invite you to sign up to be among the first to receive the Data Gravity Index 1.5 report upon its release next month.
- PlatformDIGITAL Solutions Showcase: Digital Realty SVP Tony Bishop will host a fireside chat series discussing solution strategies and case studies for accelerating the adoption of data‑centric architectures for digital business. The solution series will showcase partners from our global community, including industry leaders from AWS Outposts, NVIDIA, Yellowbrick Data and Zenlayer. The sessions will outline how customers are harnessing data gravity to rearchitect IT and scale digital business by leveraging next-generation hybrid IT solutions.
- Dr. Shawna Pandya, physician, aquanaut, and martial artist will discuss the importance of resilience and how to build the skillset within any enterprise operation.
- Geoffrey Moore, bestselling author of “Crossing the Chasm” and “Inside the Tornado” will introduce the concept of Escape Velocity and how it can free companies' futures from the pull of the past.
- Jayshree Ullal, president & CEO of Arista Networks will discuss her entrepreneurial journey defying gravity via next-generation networking paradigms.
- Gartner VP & Distinguished Analyst Drue Reeves will discuss the impact of data gravity across the core, cloud and edge and the significant implications for future IT architectures. Gartner VP Bob Gill will host an exclusive customer advisory session.
- Irish tech visionary Dr. Anita Sands will discuss the importance of diversity in innovation.
- British futurist Nikolas Badminton will discuss the trends that will shape impactful organizations, trillion-dollar companies, progressive governments, and 200+ billion-dollar investment funds.
“Data gravity is the single biggest challenge to digital transformation today. Unchecked, it can slow innovation, get in the way of great customer experiences, and impede profitability,” said Digital Realty Senior Vice President, Platform, Growth and Marketing Tony Bishop. “And yet most enterprises and service providers are just at the beginning stages of understanding it. At MarketplaceLIVE, the industry will come together to shine a light on this phenomenon, which will shape infrastructure deployments for global enterprises over the next decade.”
Register for your complimentary MarketplaceLIVE pass here.
- Learn more about PlatformDIGITAL, Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx), and Data Hub, Network Hub, Control Hub and SX Fabric solutions
- Visit the Data Gravity Index DGx™ Insights Hub
- Explore Digital Realty’s Partner Program
- Hear what customers have to say
- View the agenda for MarketplaceLIVE
- Media alert: MarketplaceLIVE 2020 to focus on 'Defying Gravity'