As the World Health Organization confirms Coronavirus (COVID-19) as pandemic Interxion is intensifying its efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus among our employees, customers, partners and suppliers. Our facilities are 100% operational and we are taking all possible measures to ensure we can maintain this service level while ensuring the health and safety of all that interact with our facilities.
We are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and are following the recommendations of global and local public health authorities in all regions in which we operate. We will continue to provide updates as the situation develops.
At this time, there are no direct impacts to data centre operations or delivery of capacity.
To ensure that we continue to have the most effective responses to this situation, Interxion is taking the following measures:
- We have initiated daily reviews of our Business Continuity Risk Assessments
- We are significantly boosting safety protocols across our data centres and offices in Europe, including implementing critical sanitary measures, placing signage in our facilities advising visitors and staff how to minimise the risk of infection and providing regularly updated advice to staff on how to manage risks of infection and recognise symptoms
- We are increasing the communications with and screening of customers, partners and employees to ensure they only enter our data centres if they have not travelled to impacted areas, as defined by the World Health Organization, within the past 14 days and are symptom-free
- We are deferring all non-essential travel and increasing the use of communications technology to enable our partners and team members to work remotely in a fully productive way
- We are transitioning to a minimum critical onsite staff level in data centres in markets which have been designated as Level 2 within our Business Continuity Planning framework or where we have received specific notifications from authorities with respect to the Coronavirus.
- We will continue to closely monitor the situation, assess the risks, and take the necessary action to ensure the continued operation of our facilities and services. To protect our facilities, employees and partners we are advising all customers to only visit our data centres if their activity is urgent and business-critical.
In the interest of health and safety we kindly ask you to avoid visiting our facilities in the following circumstances
- If in the past 14 days you have travelled to mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Germany, Spain or any of the affected areas or you have been in close contact with someone from the same locations
- Currently experiencing any of the following symptoms, including a fever (>100.4° F, 38°C), cough or difficulty breathing
- Currently under quarantine, as prescribed by a doctor or public health authority
- If in the past 14 days, have had any close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or anyone exhibiting the symptoms listed above.
All persons entering the building (staff, customers, visitors) may be verbally screened by security teams in the lobby leveraging the protocols above prior to being allowed access. If the verbal survey results in an affirmative response, the individual will be asked to voluntarily leave the site and Interxion’s site management will contact our regional management teams to notify the customer and supplier contacts in the event of any voluntary departure as a result of screening.
- All of our data centres are equipped with the supplies to ensure they remain fully operational if remote operation becomes necessary
- We regularly engage our critical suppliers to confirm their pandemic response plans and have reviewed their capacity to provide service continuity
If you have any further questions in relation to the above, please contact your local Interxion team or email QHSEReporting@interxion.com for more information.