|Adres||Interxion Netherlands, Schiphol-Rijk|
With 50 data centres in 11 countries, Interxion already has the widest geographic reach of any business in our sector. We’re continuing to drive for more impressive growth. Since 2006 we’ve seen solid growth and have increased our investment in both facilities and employees. As the pan-European leader in co-location and associated managed services, Interxion delivers a full set of services that allow more than 1,300 companies to securely house, connect, monitor and maintain mission-critical IT equipment.
We employ people with the talent and energy to ensure customer satisfaction and take our business forward. Currently Interxion Netherlands is looking for a ICT Engineer – Local ICT & Monitoring to strengthen its Operations department working out of its offices in Schiphol-Rijk.
We see ourselves as an open, forward-thinking, equal opportunity employer. We invest in training and personal development of our people. We also offer a competitive remuneration package, as well as great career opportunities and challenges.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
The Local ICT engineer performs 1st line remote and hands-on support for all provided ICT services. These services are regular office oriented but also data center infrastructure oriented which makes for an interesting technical mix.
Besides the main focus on workplace support, you will also perform activities inside the data center for hands-on support of some of the monitoring hardware. Additionally you will be tasked as a project resource for projects in the Information Management arena.
Your daily tasks are:
- Provide ICT support and perform helpdesk activities
- Provides assistance and support to all employees on software applications
- Provides newcomers with appropriate equipment and software
- Answers questions regarding system procedures, systems status and ICT-related disturbances
- Carries out, organizes and manages the migration to new ICT solutions
- Keeps inventory of all hard-and software used within the company
- Ensures all contracts and software licenses are kept up to date
- Updates troubleshooting tracking log, support tools database and recovery and backup procedures
Over time participation in an on-call duty roster outside working hours may be required. The position is based in Schiphol-Rijk but the Operations team services datacenters throughout the Amsterdam region. Therefore a driver’s license is essential for this position to travel between the different sites.
You are educated at minimum MBO-3 degree level in a relevant field such as Computer Science. You have basic knowledge of ITIL, Windows system administration, Active Directory and a good understanding of desktop and end-user support. You will have worked 1-3 years as 1st line ICT support or similar.
- Communication skills: listens attentively, speaks clearly and concisely, creates accurate and punctual reports, gives clear instructions and shares information and ideas with others
- Attention to detail: achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved
- Computer skills: skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity
- Commitment & drive: is committed, internally driven and willing to go the extra mile
- Open for change: adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Pro-active: has a can do mentality
- As a person you are accurate, self-correcting and pro-active. You have excellent planning and prioritizing skills. Furthermore you have good interpersonal skills and you will feel comfortable working autonomously but are a good team player also.
- Due to the international nature of this position it is essential that you are fluent in Dutch and English, both in speech and writing.
The chance for you to join a financially strong, successful, international company with consistent high growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and most importantly the opportunity for you to make a difference.
The location for this position is at the company’s Interxion Netherlands office near Amsterdam.