This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the slavery and human trafficking statement for InterXion Carrier Hotel Limited (“InterXion”) for the financial year ending 31 December 2018 and sets out the steps that InterXion has taken, and is continuing to take, to prevent modern slavery or human trafficking in our business and/or within our supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. InterXion has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within our business and/or our supply chain.
InterXion is part of the InterXion Group. The InterXion Group is a leading provider of carrier and cloud-neutral colocation data centre services in Europe. We serve a wide range of customers through more than 50 data centres in 11 countries in Western Europe with over 700 connectivity providers, 21 European Internet exchangers and most leading cloud and digital media platforms across its footprint.
Our UK Supply Chain
InterXion has taken steps to map its supply chain and work has commenced to assess the risk profile of its direct UK suppliers by reference factors, including the geographic location of the supplier and the industry in which they operate.
We currently estimate that approximately 96% of InterXion’s suppliers are located in the United Kingdom and the remaining 4% of our suppliers are located in the European Union and North America. These suppliers include equipment manufacturers that supply and maintain infrastructure for our data centres, IT and telecom suppliers that support our business systems and several other types of local service providers, including engineering firms, consultancy firms and suppliers of services to support our human resources, IT, sales and marketing and operations departments.
We believe that the majority of these suppliers are likely to be low or medium risk companies, with a low prevalence of modern slavery or other labour risk violations.
Depending on the outcome of our ongoing UK supplier assessment, we will further assess the potential risks in the group supply chain.
We are developing a self-assessment questionnaire, designed to further assess the risk of slavery and human trafficking in the business and supply chains of those suppliers that present more than a low risk.
We have a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (the “Code”) which sets out the ethical principles to which we as a company and our individual employees should adhere. All our employees receive the Code at the start of their employment and sit a test on the Code. We seek to maintain employee awareness of the principles of the Code through regular e-learning training. InterXion also has a Whistle-blower Procedure to encourage employees to raise concerns related to practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
We are reviewing our Supplier General Terms and Conditions and are working to develop a Supplier Code of Conduct to ensure our suppliers are aware of InterXion’s standards and expectations. Our goal is to work with suppliers and vendors to meet such standards.
Interxion will continue to review the effectiveness of our internal policies and the steps we are taking to pursue there is no slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains on an ongoing basis and monitor our policies, procedures and develop them as necessary.
Approval for this statement
This statement was approved by the Board of Directors on 19 December 2018.
InterXion Carrier Hotel Limited